While spring is a great time to deep clean your home and tackle maintenance tasks, don’t forget to do the same in the fall! Prepare for the change of seasons with this indoor fall to-do list.
- Inventory your pantry and toss expired items. Dust off, wipe down, and reorganize the shelves so your pantry looks neat and clean.
- Thoroughly vacuum your upholstered furniture. Get all sides, including underneath the cushions. You’ll be surprised how much dust and dander accumulates over time.
- Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors—vacuum detectors with a brush attachment and test each one.
- Shampoo your carpets and clean any rugs in the home. Call in a professional to assist or rent a carpet cleaner at a local store.
- Flip or rotate your mattress. If you cannot flip your mattress, rotate it 180 ̊ to avoid sunken spots that build over time.
- Home system and appliance maintenance: Replace the air filters in your HVAC system. Replace the water filter and vacuum the condenser coils on your refrigerator. Clean your dryer’s vent ducts.